tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim J Schumacher <Tim.Schumac...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: User Directories and context.xml?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:36:56 GMT
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure I understand, I was thinking my
user's application IS public_html, are you saying i have to make a
directory called something like

/home/myUserName/public_html/ROOT and move everything into there?

I put my WEB-INF and META-INF directly in my public_html and things in
the WEB-INF are getting picked up by TC (like my
public_html/WEB-INF/web.xml and my public_html/WEB-INF/classes, and
public_html/WEB-INF/lib, etc ) but the context file in
public_html/META-INF/context.xml seems like it is not being read by TC)

I have treated my public_html as though it lived in

$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/public_html

where $CATALINA_HOME/webapps is my appbase. (I have other apps running
from there and they seem to work as expected)

Is this not correct?

Other path/config info:

My CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.16

and my appbase=$CATALINA_HOME/webapps, and I have some apps in there
that are all working fine. (with META-INF/context.xml's and jdbc working
properly)

In the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml I have the Listener

        <Listener   className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
                     directoryName="public_html"
                     homeBase="/home"

userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.PasswdUserDatabase" />

set up.

Thanks again - this list is very helpful!
-Tim