tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim J Schumacher <Tim.Schumac...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject User Directories and context.xml?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 05:53:15 GMT

I am running suse linux, java version "1.6.0_06", tomcat 6.0.16 and I
have the Listener for user directories configured so I can access
webapps at eg: localhost/~myUserName.  All was working great until I
tried to configure a jdbc data source in my public_html/META-INF

In the tomcat documentation regarding this feature at
it says:

    * Each user web application will be deployed with characteristics
      established by any DefaultContext
      element you have configured for this Host

My question is this:  Does this mean TC will not read a context.xml
placed at /home/myUserName/public_html/META-INF/context.xml?  I have a
jdbc data source configured but I cannot get it to work from the
context.xml file located in my public_html.  It does work when I put the
Resource in the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/context.xml.

Thanks in advance for any help!

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: