tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Suresh Kumar J <suresh.kuma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to make to Apache-Tomcat 6.0.13 to support all of SSLv2/SSLv3 and TLS protocols
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 18:14:46 GMT
The issue turns out to be that the Apache-Tomcat is not able to handle
the full set of cipher suites implemented in the latest FireFox v3.0.1.
When I try to the establish the https connection, the tomcat server
seems to choke with the set of cipher suites negotiated by the FireFox
browser and eventually errors out with the error:
java.net.SocketException: SSL handshake error
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: INTERNAL ERROR

I had to disable the following cipher suites in the FireFox (v3.0.1)
browser via the "about:config" option:
security.ssl3.dhe_dss_camellia_128_sha
security.ssl3.dhe_dss_camellia_256_sha
security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_camellia_128_sha
security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_camellia_256_sha
security.ssl3.rsa_camellia_128_sha
security.ssl3.rsa_camellia_256_sha

Wonder if anybody else has encountered this issue while using Tomcat
server with the FireFox browser.

Thanks,
Suresh