tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <tomcat-us...@list-post.mks-mail.de>
Subject Re: APR & SSL not working
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 14:56:48 GMT
Gregor Schneider wrote:

> seems I was a bit too optimistic...
>
> although I compiled APR with /dev/urandomPLUS creating $HOME/.rnd
> (changed 2048 to 4096 since this is the value specified in
> /proc/sys/kernal/poolsize), it's again taking ages to start up tomcat.

AFAIK is /dev/urandom guaranteed not to block. If initializing the HTTPS
connector takes very long nevertheless, I'd make sure that /dev/urandom
is indeed used - and not /dev/random. You could, for example, use lsof
to check.

Is the libtcnative your Tomcat uses really linked against your
self-compiled version of APR (ldd to check)?

> Do you know of any additional option to speed up the process of
> creating some entropy?

I'm not sure, but maybe a lot of activity generated in a ssh session
might help too.

Regards
   mks