tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Kolinko" <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Good JSP editor
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 02:55:02 GMT
2008/9/6 sam wun <sw2018@gmx.com>:

> If you are  using a good jsp editor, can you tell me where its download
> link?
>
> My current development enviornment is Eclipse 3.4 and Tomcat 5.5.26

What are you expecting from a "good" one?
You know, tastes and requirements may differ.

Eclipse already has an JSP editor. I mean, the JEE developer's edition
of Eclipse.

Our developers are using it and have no significant complaints.

Well, some older versions could corrupt the page code (loosing
characters) when reformatting it, but that was a year ago. I do not
know such complaint about the current one.

Also, there are still some issues when correct code is highlighed
as if it were wrong. Usually I leave JSP validation disabled for the
build time.

There are some other web development plugins for Eclipse, that
predate the Web Standard Tools WST/JST project (e.g. MyEclipse),
but I do not know what is their status now.
Some of them might be more mature than WST/JST.

Best regard,
Konstantin Kolinko