tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Berry" <elbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5. META-INF/context.xml ignored when deploying as war.
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:55:17 GMT
Hello,
    I'm trying to use the manager to deploy a war file creating using Maven
2. The war is a snapshot file which contains a META-INF/context.xml file. It
seems that this file is being ignored when deploying this way and the war
file-name is being used instead.

I thought the purpose of the context file is to define the context path for
the web application. From my understanding from the documenation:

This should work as I expect.

Is this the correct behavior?

Thanks for any help.

--
Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.
11101000