tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Clark <brianclar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Fw: Tomcat Patch Management
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:50:49 GMT
"So, do you think Automatic windows patch
management and manual tomcat patch management would ideal as patch releases
from Tomcat is very rare?"

Yes, that's the way we do it. We use WSUS for Windows patch management, and manually upgrade
Tomcat as needed. This has not been an issue for us, as Tomcat is only updated a few times
per year, not once per month like Windows is. If your environment is standardized enough,
you could probably build your own MSI installer for Tomcat to make the upgrade process even
easier. I've not done this, but there are inexpensive tools that you can get to help you do
it.

Brian