tomcat-users mailing list archives

From albrecht andrzejewski <albrecht.andrzejew...@ema.fr>
Subject Re: Tomcat migration from T5 to T5.5 mail
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:47:26 GMT
Quoting AlexM3 <ams777@gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> Here is the result of a find in the tomcat5.5 directory
> #> find /usr/local/tomcat5.5_svh/ -name "*mail*"
> /usr/local/tomcat5.5_svh/common/lib/mail.jar
> #>
>
> Is there any path that Tomcat could be loading?

Check for smtp.jar too (i don't know if you use it). Other path are
your own classpath and environment variable such as PATH, etc...
tomcat startup is echoing the path looked at when you call startup.sh.

> If I move mail.jar out of $CATALINA_HOME it says the same:
> javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: No provider for smtp
>         at javax.mail.Session.getProvider(Session.java:433)
>         at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:627)

You said :
"It works before, and code has and won't be changed", but are you
trying using the same javamail API version as in you previous working
configuration ?

Moreover,i suggest you to call "session.setDebug(true)" on you session
object, so that you will have more verbose debugging output! You wil
be able to trace mail.jar initialisation.

ref: http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/FAQ.html#debug

--
Albrecht ANDRZEJEWSKI
Créateur - Incubateur Technologique