tomcat-users mailing list archives

From albrecht andrzejewski <albrecht.andrzejew...@ema.fr>
Subject How to "manually" undeploy a webapp in tomcat ?
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 20:10:46 GMT
Hi everyone,

My question is simple: when i was upgrading a webapp, i used to stop
tomcat, replace my old war file with the new one using some unix
command, and re start the tomcat server.

But i noticed that the files under
/catalina_home/work/Catalina/localhost/nameofwebapp/ are not updated
when tomcat redeploy the new war file, causing my context.xml to be
deprecated.

It is especially unfair because my context.xml contain my jndi
ressources, and it cannot more access neither the mail, neither the
database...

Is there any "proper" solution to undeploy manually a webapp ( i don't
want to use the manager webapp). And I don't know how to use Ant - so
i would prefer a unix-shell-only solution.

I think about deleting all the files under
/Catalina/localhost/nameofwebapp/ but  i'm afraid to miss something.

Thanks.
--
Albrecht ANDRZEJEWSKI
Créateur - Incubateur Technologique