tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "sam wun" <sw2...@gmx.com>
Subject Re: Re: Can't execute servlet project
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 01:13:54 GMT
After moved the context.xml file to 
/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.26/conf/Catalina/localhost/

with the content changed to:

<Context>

    <!-- Default set of monitored resources -->
    <WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>

    <!-- Uncomment this to disable session persistence across Tomcat 
restarts -->
    <!--
    <Manager pathname="" />
    -->
   <Resource name="jdbc/TestDB" auth="Container" 
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
               maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
               username="javauser" password="javadude" 
driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
               url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/javatest"  
validationQuery="select 1" />
</Context>
(I have the exact db, table and username/password created like this).

And I have removed the context.xml file in webapps/DBTest/WEB-INF/lib/

My testdb.jsp in /tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.26/webapps/DBTest looks is shown 
below:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/sql" prefix="sql" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

<sql:query var="rs" dataSource="jdbc/TestDB">
select id, foo, bar from testdata
</sql:query>

<html>
  <head>
    <title>DB Test</title>
  </head>
  <body>

  <h2>Results</h2>

<c:forEach var="row" items="${rs.rows}">
    Foo ${row.foo}<br/>
    Bar ${row.bar}<br/>
</c:forEach>

  </body>
</html>



Then shudown and restarted tomcat server.


I m still getting the DataSource Invalid errors:



HTTP Status 500 - 

type Exception report

message 

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it 
from fulfilling this request.

exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to get connection, 
DataSource invalid: "org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot 
create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'"
	
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:460)
	
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:355)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

root cause javax.servlet.ServletException: Unable to get connection, 
DataSource invalid: "org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot 
create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'"
	
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:841)
	
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:774)
	org.apache.jsp.testdb_jsp._jspService(testdb_jsp.java:82)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
	
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:331)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)

...





	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: David Smith
> Sent: 03/09/08 03:06 am
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: Re: Can't execute servlet project
> 
> >
> > Here is the mysql-connector jar file I got in the common/lib directory:
> >
> > linux:~/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.26/common/lib # ls mysql*
> > mysql-connector-java-5.1.3-rc-bin.jar
> >
> >
> >
> > Is thsi the correct mysql jar file?
> >   
> Yes ... looks good.  Just be sure this is the only place you have a 
> mysql JDBC driver installed.  There should not be one in 
> webapps/DBTest/WEB-INF/lib if it exists here.
> 
> > This is the only context.xml file I got in the tomcat (5.5.26) 
> directory:
> >
> > /tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.26/conf/context.xml: ...
> That is the universal one.  The context xml file should be either in 
> your webapp's META-INF folder named context.xml or in tomcat's 
> conf/Catalina/localhost named DBTest.xml.  It only contains a <Context 
> ... > xml element and it's contents.  Something like:
> 
> <Context >
>    <Resource name="jdbc/TestDB" auth="Container" 
> type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>                maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
>                username="javauser" password="javadude" 
> driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
>                url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/javatest"  
> validationQuery="select 1" />
> </Context>
> 
> Obviously replace the username, password, and URL with what's 
> appropriate to your database environment.
> 
> You can read more on this at 
> 
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
> 
> --David
> 
> sam wun wrote:
> > Here is the mysql-connector jar file I got in the common/lib directory:
> >
> > linux:~/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.26/common/lib # ls mysql*
> > mysql-connector-java-5.1.3-rc-bin.jar
> >
> >
> >
> > Is thsi the correct mysql jar file?
> >
> >
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sam
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >   
> >> ----- Original Message -----
> >> From: David Smith
> >> Sent: 03/09/08 01:49 am
> >> To: Tomcat Users List
> >> Subject: Re: Can't execute servlet project
> >>
> >> DataSource invalid: "org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: 
> >> Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'"
> >>
> >> This error typically indicates the JNDI db pool hasn't been setup 
> >> correctly.  Some config option isn't setup.  What's in this webapp's 
> >> context xml file?  Also what's in it's WEB-INF/web.xml?  Lastly, you 
> >> should have your database driver jar file in tomcat's common/lib (for 
> >> tomcat v 5.5) or /lib (tomcat v 6). 
> >>
> >> You can also take a look at tomcat's JDBC Datasource howto's on the 
> >> tomcat website for your version of tomcat which offer a lot of help.
> >>
> >> --David
> >>
> >> sam wun wrote:
> >>     
> >>> Thanks David,
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> After copied the jstl and standard dot jar files into the directory:
> >>>
> >>> linux:~/tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.26/webapps/DBTest/WEB-INF/lib # ls
> >>> .  ..  jstl.jar  mysql-connector-java-5.1.3-rc-bin.jar  standard.jar
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> I got the following different errors:
> >>>
> >>> (In line 4, what is jdbc/TestDB? I have database called javatest, and 
> >>>       
> >> table 
> >>     
> >>> testdata. Should I rename it to jdbc/javatest?
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> HTTP Status 500 - 
> >>>
> >>> type Exception report
> >>>
> >>> message 
> >>>
> >>> description The server encountered an internal error () that 
> prevented 
> >>>       
> >> it 
> >>     
> >>> from fulfilling this request.
> >>>
> >>> exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception in JSP: 
> >>> /testdb.jsp:4
> >>>
> >>> 1: <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/sql" prefix="sql" %>
> >>> 2: <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
> >>> 3: 
> >>> 4: <sql:query var="rs" dataSource="jdbc/TestDB">
> >>> 5: select id, foo, bar from testdata
> >>> 6: </sql:query>
> >>> 7: 
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> Stacktrace:
> >>> 	
> >>>
> >>>       
> >> 
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:451)
> >>     
> >>> 	
> >>>
> >>>       
> >> 
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:355)
> >>     
> >>> 	
> >>>       
> >> 
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329)
> >>     
> >>> 	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
> >>> 	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
> >>>
> >>> root cause javax.servlet.ServletException: Unable to get connection, 
> >>> DataSource invalid: "org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: 
> >>>       
> >> Cannot 
> >>     
> >>> create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'"
> >>> 	
> >>>
> >>>       
> >> 
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:841)
> >>     
> >>> 	
> >>>
> >>>       
> >> 
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:774)
> >>     
> >>> 	org.apache.jsp.testdb_jsp._jspService(testdb_jsp.java:82)
> >>> 	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)
> >>> 	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
> >>> 	
> >>>
> >>>       
> >> 
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:331)
> >>     
> >>> 	
> >>>       
> >> 
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329)
> >>     
> >>> 	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
> >>> 	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
> >>>
> >>> root cause javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to get connection, 
> >>> DataSource invalid: "org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: 
> >>>       
> >> Cannot 
> >>     
> >>> create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'"
> >>> 	
> >>>
> >>>       
> >> 
> org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.sql.QueryTagSupport.getConnection(QueryTagSupport.java:276)
> >>     
> >>> 	
> >>>
> >>>       
> >> 
> org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.sql.QueryTagSupport.doStartTag(QueryTagSupport.java:159)
> >>     
> >>> 	
> >>>
> >>>       
> >> 
> org.apache.jsp.testdb_jsp._jspx_meth_sql_005fquery_005f0(testdb_jsp.java:101)
> >>     
> >>> 	org.apache.jsp.testdb_jsp._jspService(testdb_jsp.java:58)
> >>> 	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)
> >>> 	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
> >>> 	
> >>>
> >>>       
> >> 
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:331)
> >>     
> >>> 	
> >>>       
> >> 
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329)
> >>     
> >>> 	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)    
>   
> >>>       
> >>   
> >>     
> >>> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>   
> >>>       
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
> 

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message