tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "G Kontos" <gregkon...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 war takes 4 to 7 minutes to deploy
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:50:41 GMT
Hi Gabe, Thanks for the reply.  The application does live on a VPS -
Virtuozzo VPS.  The server has a total of 432 MB of memory, 90MB initial
Heap size for tomcat, 180MB max heap size.  The numbers for actual CPU speed
or my piece of that speed aren't published, but my current usage of the CPU
has been between 2% and 18% this morning.

In reference to disk io - We use the same VPS at work, and the applications
deploy much faster.  Outside of my anecdotal support of the VPS, I don't
know how I would get hard numbers for the disk io.  Of course, at work we
use way more memory.

Do you think I cut the resources a little too thin?

Thanks again.  - Greg