tomcat-users mailing list archives

From AlexM3 <>
Subject Re: Tomcat migration from T5 to T5.5 mail
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:54:37 GMT

Firt of all thanks for your fast answer.

- My Java versiĆ³n is jdk1.5.0_06, it's the same that is using the old Tomcat
5 and it works. Anyway I've tried to remove aplication.jar and an error asks
for him.

- I've tested my linux system "mail" function and it works, the aplication
deployed in Tomcat 5 works too.

- My context.xml is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- The contents of this file will be loaded for each web application -->
        <Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container"

- What i've done to configure the mail is the same as your guide Albretch
1. Copy mail.jar and activation.jar to $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
2. Edit context.xml and add the ressource mail/Session:

<Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container" type="javax.mail.Session""localhost"/>

3. Edit web.xml and add the resource-ref:

    Resource reference to a factory for javax.mail.Session
    instances that may be used for sending electronic mail
    messages, preconfigured to connect to the appropriate
    SMTP server.

4. The code is written and tested.

Any idea?

To start a new topic, e-mail: