tomcat-users mailing list archives

From AlexM3 <ams...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat migration from T5 to T5.5 mail
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:54:37 GMT

Hello,

Firt of all thanks for your fast answer.

- My Java versiĆ³n is jdk1.5.0_06, it's the same that is using the old Tomcat
5 and it works. Anyway I've tried to remove aplication.jar and an error asks
for him.

- I've tested my linux system "mail" function and it works, the aplication
deployed in Tomcat 5 works too.

- My context.xml is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- The contents of this file will be loaded for each web application -->
<Context>
        <Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container"
                    type="javax.mail.Session"
                    mail.smtp.host="localhost"/>

</Context>

- What i've done to configure the mail is the same as your guide Albretch
says:
1. Copy mail.jar and activation.jar to $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
2. Edit context.xml and add the ressource mail/Session:

<Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container" type="javax.mail.Session"
mail.smtp.host="localhost"/>

3. Edit web.xml and add the resource-ref:

<resource-ref>
  <description>
    Resource reference to a factory for javax.mail.Session
    instances that may be used for sending electronic mail
    messages, preconfigured to connect to the appropriate
    SMTP server.
  </description>
  <res-ref-name>
    mail/Session