tomcat-users mailing list archives

From AlexM3 <ams...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat migration from T5 to T5.5 mail
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:53:11 GMT

Hello,

I'm migrating a Tomcat Cluster, when I thought everything was working fine,
session cluster, balancing,etc, I noticed that the mails were not send by
the java aplication.

I installed the library mail.jar and activation.jar and configured the
web.xml and the context.xml as the Official Tomcat notes say. The aplication
has not changed and can't change, and it works perfect in the old installed
Tomcat 5. The error that I get when the application tries to send the mail
is:

javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp
        at javax.mail.Session.getService(Session.java:760)
        at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:685)
        at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:628)
        ... # More errors lije that

I have read in some forums that the problem could be that Tomcat is loading
that libraries 2 times. I have checked everything and the only folder they
are is $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib and they're not in any other place like
$CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib or $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapplication/*

Anyone has any idea why I have this error?

Thank you very much