tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mathias P.W Nilsson" <math...@snyltarna.se>
Subject Re: Share war file / virtual hosts
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:43:04 GMT

Thanks very much!

The last one about apache as a frontend would work. ( I'm very new to this,
server set up as you probably seen. )

I am reading the headers to look at the request. I'm using a Wicket solution
with Spring and Hibernate. The Wicket handles 3 different looks with the
exact same java code and variations.

So when a request comes from www.domain1.com I look at the host header,
determine the look and Store and the create the Session object , payments
etc. Because I handle bank payments and Visa,Mastercard solutions I need the
solution to be SSL.

Now, the customer that I'm building this for wants to seperate the two
domains for the outside user but internal they use the same admin. ( They
don't sell the same articles on both sites. They can choose in the admin on
wich store they want to sell the item. In some cases on all sites with
different images and so forth ) Now I don't know if this explains why I need
3 connectors and one host but I can't think of another way.

Wicket and hibernate takes alot of ram and If I should use this 3 times
then, well the server will be overloaded, not to mention the Hibernate
errors that would occur when accessing an object in two different threads
and trying to persist.

By reading your thread I guess that a tomcat solution is out of the
question?