tomcat-users mailing list archives

From NetbeanUser <>
Subject How to make my application run outside of apache directory.
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:41:07 GMT

I've created a web application using servlets and jsp

My servlet and other required class files are in let's say path
~/a/b/c/d/*.class, some of these have dependencies on classes from

While building my back end, I get jar files with classes from the location
/a/b/c/d. After I place this jar file under
~/tomcat/webapps/myappl/WEB-INF/lib and point my browser to the servlet url,
it says of missing classes from the path a/b/e/f

It's a whole tree of dependencies I have under ~/a/b, does it mean that I've
to get all classes from that tree under my apache tree. This doesn't sound
like a good solution. Is there any other way to run my application. Please
would appreciate the help

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: