tomcat-users mailing list archives

From wwuster <wwus...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: tomcat5.5 and ubuntu hardy heron
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:06:42 GMT

John5342 wrote:

> I use fedora rather than ubuntu myself so the details may differ but the
> manager webapp may well be in a seperate package that may not be installed
> with tomcat automatically. Try looking in synaptic for that. In fedora its
> in tomcat<version>-admin-webapps.
>
> The automatic deployment of wars depends on you setting autoDeploy to true
> which can be done in server.xml. Check the tomcat documentation for how to
> do that.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> John5342

Synaptic only shows:
tomcat5.5-admin
tomcat5.5-webapps
and both are installed.

I edited /etc/tomcat5.5/server.xml and added this line: autoDeploy="true"
int the <host></host> section. I then restarted tomcat and apache2 and tried
going to localhost:8180/sample. Still getting a 404 error.

thanks,
William