tomcat-users mailing list archives

From walterw <walterjwh...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: JNDI configuration in webapp/META-INF/context.xml
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 22:09:52 GMT

Hi,

Here are the exact contents in the file after maven filters it.

[code]
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<!--
	http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html Even
	though this works inside of tomcat/conf/context.xml and the
	documentation says it should work here, it doesn't
-->
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<!--
	http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html Even
	though this works inside of tomcat/conf/context.xml and the
	documentation says it should work here, it doesn't
-->
<Context>
	<!--<WatchedResource>META-INF/context.xml</WatchedResource>-->
	<Resource name="jdbc/serverConsole" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
		driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/serverConsole?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf-8&amp;useCompression=true&amp;zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull"
username="serverConsole"
		password="serverConsole" maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"/>
</Context>
[/code]

Let me know if that helps. I have redeployed the web app a few times with
this configuration to no avail.  It must be something small - Is there
anything in Tomcat that may enable/disable this configuration in the web
application itself?

Walter