tomcat-users mailing list archives

From walterw <walterjwh...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: JNDI configuration in webapp/META-INF/context.xml
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:43:51 GMT

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  I noticed my configuration in the Tomcat
installation directory did have a capital C in context.  However, the files
are identical now, but I'm still not getting a JNDI connection.

[code]
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<!--
	http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html Even
	though this works inside of tomcat/conf/context.xml and the
	documentation says it should work here, it doesn't
-->
<Context>
	<!--<WatchedResource>META-INF/context.xml</WatchedResource>-->
	<Resource name="${jndi.URL}" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
		driverClassName="${jdbc.driver}" url="${jdbc.url}"
username="${jdbc.username}"
		password="${jdbc.password}" maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"/>
</Context>
[/code]

Thanks for your suggestion, please let me know what else to try.

I am running Tomcat 6.0.18 on Linux.

Thanks,
Walter