tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Carol Cheung <cache...@consumercontact.com>
Subject RE: NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.catalina.realm.RealmBase
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 17:13:57 GMT

> From: Carol Cheung [mailto:cacheung@consumercontact.com]
> Subject: NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.catalina.realm.RealmBase
>
> I have catalina.jar in WEB-INF/lib
> Can anyone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong?

Putting catalina.jar in WEB-INF/lib is certainly one major error.  Remove
it.  You must never, never put the same classes in more than one spot in a
given branch of the classloader tree.

Not telling us the version of Tomcat you're using is another error.

 - Chuck

Sorry, I'm using Tomcat 5.5. I removed catalina.jar from WEB-INF/lib and I
am still getting the same error.