tomcat-users mailing list archives

From hanan herzog <justha...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Do context.xml Parameter value changes require Tomcat restart?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 01:47:50 GMT

Two things still leave a bad taste:

1. If the new values are not going to be picked up from context.xml.default
why does a change in conf/engine/host/context.xml.default or
conf/context.xml cause a redeployment (without an update in Parameter
values?)

2. I could have multiple engines configured, and the context.xml.default is
a per-engine config file. I may want to only have the applications of a
specific engine to be reloaded. Apps in other engines would not need
reloading, so it seems wasteful to restart the whole Tomcat instance.

The context xml loading behaviour of Tomcat still seems a bit whacky to me.

In any case, I am now able to do what I need to do, so all's good.

Thanks for your time,

Hanan