tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat unable to find jars when deployed from Eclipse
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:04:34 GMT

You are probably specifying the build time classpath, but not the runtime classpath.

> Am I doing something wrong, or am I stuck with the only solution being
> put them in the WebContent\WEB-INF\lib dir?

The alternative is to go to the Java EE Module Dependencies page of the project's properties.
 You should see your build time jars listed there.  Check them to include them in the runtime
classpath.  These jars will then be included in the WEB-INF/lib of the Web application when
the project is published to a server or exported as a war.

Cheers,
Larry