tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Time Zones on one Tomcat instance?
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:48:31 GMT
> From: John Gardner [mailto:john.gardner@tagish.co.uk]
> Subject: Multiple Time Zones on one Tomcat instance?
>
> Is there any way we can serve mutliple webapps from a single Tomcat
> instance, with mutliple timezones?

Tomcat itself doesn't care about time zones, and a single JVM instance will only use one time
zone at a time (no pun intended).  You could run two instances of Tomcat, one for the French,
and one for the less picky rest of the world.  Other than that, you'd have to make the adjustments
in the webapp itself to be cognizant of each client's time preference.

 - Chuck