tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat with LDAP - admin part authentication
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:05:49 GMT
> From: yann bizouerne [mailto:yann.bizouerne@gmail.com]
> Subject: Tomcat with LDAP - admin part authentication
>
> Now the tomcat-users.xml seems not used anymore for the
> admin,manager part.

Since you changed the <Realm>, the tomcat-users.xml file is not used for anything.

> I have tried my LDAP login,password but it doesn't work for
> that part of the server.

You need to either configure the manager role in your LDAP server for the appropriate userids,
or change the manager's WEB-INF/web.xml security constraint to use an appropriate existing
role in your LDAP server.

 - Chuck