tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6 Context Configuration
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 01:57:46 GMT
> From: mookiegp [mailto:mikeyggu@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 6 Context Configuration
>
> <Host name="localhost"  appBase="E:\Public\Files\My Docs\Web\Sites"
> Inside the the directory on the E: drive is a copy of the
> default Tomcat index.html file for testing purposes.

That's not correct.  Each webapp must be in a directory (or .war file) immediately under the
appBase directory.  So if you have webapps A, B, and C, you need these directories:
  E:\Public\Files\My Docs\Web\Sites\A
  E:\Public\Files\My Docs\Web\Sites\B
  E:\Public\Files\My Docs\Web\Sites\C
with appropriate files underneath those.  (The structure of a webapp is specified in the Servlet
spec - JSR 154; you should use that as a reference.)

The default webapp must be named ROOT (case sensitive, even on Windows).  You need to put
the index.html file in:
  E:\Public\Files\My Docs\Web\Sites\ROOT

 - Chuck