tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6 Context Configuration
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 22:52:28 GMT
> From: mookiegp [mailto:mikeyggu@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 6 Context Configuration
>
> I can't seem to figure out where in the configuration
> files I can change Tomcat to change the path to my web
> apps on the E drive.

If you want Tomcat to use just the webapps on your E: drive and not any of the normally included
ones, then change the <Host> appBase attribute to point to the directory under which
each of your webapps is installed.

If you want to keep the webapps that are bundled with Tomcat and add yours, then create a
file named conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml for each webapp; each such file should contain
a <Context> element with a docBase attribute giving the absolute path to the associated
webapp.  (Do not use the path attribute; that is determined by the name of the XML file.)

 - Chuck