tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How to make my application run outside of apache directory.
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:48:02 GMT
> From: NetbeanUser [mailto:himani_sjsu@yahoo.com]
> Subject: How to make my application run outside of apache directory.
>
> It's a whole tree of dependencies I have under ~/a/b, does
> it mean that I've to get all classes from that tree under my
> apache tree.

If by "apache tree" you mean the webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory, then yes, your classes should
go there.  Webapps are intended to be self-contained, and packaging all the classes it needs
together is the proper way to go.  Make another jar with the other classes and put it in the
WEB-INF/lib directory.

 - Chuck