tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: User Directories and context.xml?
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 15:57:34 GMT
> From: Tim J Schumacher [mailto:Tim.Schumacher@Colorado.EDU]
> Subject: Re: User Directories and context.xml?
>
> Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the motivation for not reading
> context.xml out of a user's directory?

(I apologize for coming in late on this one.)

Tomcat does use context.xml out of a webapp's META-INF directory, if the file conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml
does not exist.  If said file does exist, the context.xml file in META-INF is ignored.

What is your <Host> appBase set to?

How do you deploy the webapp?

 - Chuck