tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Do context.xml Parameter value changes require Tomcat restart?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 23:57:44 GMT
> From: hanan herzog [mailto:justhanan@gmail.com]
> Subject: Do context.xml Parameter value changes require
> Tomcat restart?
>
> I am using context.xml to configure my web application.

Where is your context.xml located?  It should be under the webapp's META-INF directory.  The
conf/context.xml file is shared across all webapps and must not be used for individual webapp
settings.  Changes to that one do require a restart of Tomcat.

> But when I change values in the context.xml, the
> application does not see the changes, unless I
> restart tomcat:

You must at least restart the application.  Tomcat will normally do this automatically for
you when you update the webapp's META-INF/context.xml, and you should see log entries to that
effect.

 - Chuck