tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6 and images
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 00:36:52 GMT
> From: Mathias P.W Nilsson [mailto:mathias@snyltarna.se]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 6 and images
>
> How can I fit the images into this beacuse I don't quite follow.

Do what Filip suggested; create a <Context> element in conf/Catalina/localhost/images.xml
with this value:

<Context docBase="/absolute/path/to/images"/>

This creates another webapp named "images" (specified by the name of the .xml file) located
outside of Tomcat's directory tree.  Point your static content URLs to /images/[filename.type]
to have Tomcat's DefaultServlet deliver them.

 - Chuck