tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Cannot access remote web app
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 23:55:58 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "felix l" <felix1873@gmail.com>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 3:52 PM
Subject: Cannot access remote web app

> Hi all,
>
> I have a Java web app that has shown to be working while accessing via
> http://localhost:8080/webapp1. I have two machines, 1 laptop and 1
> desktop,
> both installed Tomcat 5.5 on WinXP. The problem is when I start Tomcat on
> my
> laptop, both machine can access the web app. On the other hand, if I start
> Tomcat on my desktop, my laptop cannot access it and give me a good old
> 404
> error. Where should I first look into in order to fix the problem? Would
> Spybot or anti-virus app be a cause of this?
>
> Thanks,
> Felix

Felix XP has a built in fire wall thing...
control panel -> security center -> firewall - > exceptions -> open up port
8080

Then if your machine name is SERVER

type

http://SERVER:8080

and you should get the standard TC page.

If you have messed with the standard settings in web.xml
put them back to the defaults

have fun

The only real POJO Application Server.