tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Tomcat outputs php to stderr
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 22:04:26 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Serge Fonville" <serge.fonville@gmail.com>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 6:00 PM
Subject: Tomcat outputs php to stderr

> Hi,
> I am developing a ticket system which should use servlets to connect to
> the
> various resources.
> Currently I am a php developer and busy to learn JSP/TLD/Servlets
> I installed Tomcat 6.0.18 with PHP 5.2.6 on Windows Vista Business (the
> production server will be running either Gentoo or CentOS).
>
> Installation went fine, no errors. just one thing I couldn't resolve.
> All output generated by php goes directly to the stderr log file instead
> of
> the browser (JSP and servlets work fine)
>
> I used
> http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/running-php-5x-on-windows-using-tomcat-4x-or-5x/
> and http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/UsingPhp to configure the two.
>
> I started reading about listeners, log4j and servlet mappings.
> This seemed over the top to me, so I decided to just ask the  question
> here.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated

Dont do it this way... run PHP on Apache httpd... its the PHP container...
and do your servlet stuff in TC... its a good servlet container.
Then put Apache httpd in front of TC... read up on the JK connector... and
then to the browser its *one system*....
Thats how they do it ;)

If you insist on wanting the Java PHP layer... Resin is probably the best...
they not calling into a PHP engine, they rewrote it in Java... whether they
up to date with all modules is the question?

Anyway... just trying to show you that you dont have to change a thing...
join em ;)

Have fun..

The only real POJO Application Server.