tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: XP/Vista/Office 2007/IE Compatibility Question
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:42:04 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <ifafjc@aol.com>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 4:33 PM
Subject: XP/Vista/Office 2007/IE Compatibility Question

> Good afternoon. My company, Centocor, is in the process of upgrading its
> operating System from Windows 2000 to XP/Vista and its Office 2000 to
> Office 2007. They have installed on, I'm not sure how many, some computers
> Apache Tomcat, version 5.5. Please answer the following questions at your
> earliest convenience:
>

> 1) Is the software compatible with XP? If not, what is the compatible
> version and what are the costs involved in upgrading?
>
> 2) Is the software compatible with Vista? If not, what is the compatible
> version and what are the costs involved in upgrading?
>
> 3) If the software is not independent of Office 2007, is it compatible
> with it? If not, what is the compatible version and what are the costs
> involved in upgrading?
>
> 4) If the software is not independent of IE, what versions of it are
> compatible?

Isabel

You not going to have any problems with the above... except that Vista is
alergic to a hell of a lot of good stuff... if you can, try stay on XP...
nothing to do with Tomcat... Vista sucks...

http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_Vista_RC_1_Software_Compatibility_List

Have Fun..

The only real POJO Application Server.