tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Tomcat Native library for Windows
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 23:16:08 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Clark" <brianclark44@yahoo.com>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 12:17 AM
Subject: Tomcat Native library for Windows

> Hello,
>
> I am getting the following error when starting up Tomcat 6.0.16 on Windows
> 2003:
>
> "Sep 2, 2008 4:18:13 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
> INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat
> Native library which allows optimal performance in production
> environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Program
> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;D:\Perl\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS"
>
> Here's
> the catch, I do have the library installed in the bin directory (the
> very same bin referenced in the PATH above). I downloaded version 1.1.14.0
> from http://tomcat.heanet.ie/native/1.1.14/binaries/win32/ and tried to
> just "drop it in" the bin directory. I don't know why it
> doesn't work. I also tried putting it in my windows\system32 directory,
> but with the same result.
>
> I've done a lot of research on the
> 'net, and found lots of other people that have this problem. However,
> most seem to have the problem resolved by putting the library in the
> right place, such as described in this earlier mailing list posting:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@tomcat.apache.org/msg29111.html
>
> Any ideas on what is going on here?
>
> Brian Clark

Brian, dont know...
Its a file called
tcnative-1.dll
and it normally lives in the TC bin...

But you dont have to think if your use the tomcat.exe installer... it does
it for you if you just select the native option... click ;)
What I do is get the zip version as well, and after the EXE has done its
thing, I copy the missing bin scripts from zip to exe version.

have fun...

The only real POJO Application Server.