tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Tomcat outputs php to stderr
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:22:12 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johnny Kewl" <john@kewlstuff.co.za>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat outputs php to stderr

You know... I hope TC is watching whats happening here... there is zero
support for PHP in tomcat and its understandable because sticking in behind
a Java layer just doesnt make sense to me... but it seems that it did work
onece upon a time...

This is what I'm thinking and I dont think it would be very difficult fo
guru's like Mladen Turk to do...

Tomcat has the option of running on APR (Apache Run Time)... how difficult
would it be to add as an option... the Apache PHP engine as a layer on that.
So Tomcat and PHP are seperate... its just a convenience thing... got a few
PHP pages no problem... use Tomcats APR-PHP

Why not... else Resin is onto a good thing ;)

Serge is right if he's now a little pissed off... even if thats not TC
fault... I think

The only real POJO Application Server.