tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Tomcat outputs php to stderr
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:56:06 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Serge Fonville" <serge.fonville@gmail.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat outputs php to stderr

> Thank you so far, I will definitely look into Quercus.
>
> Still, I would like to understand why output is sent to stderr and if it
> can
> be solved (I recall running PHP and tomcat in the past) without problems

You probably in the wrong mailing list... should be asking the guys that
made this third party stuff...
But I had a little look look and I cant event find the PECL servlet in the
current PHP stuff...

This custom servlet, is calling JNI, thats talking to PHP... and it seems
PHP has no interest, Tomcat guys are into servlets, so I'd say its broken...
unless you backup to an earlier era...

My guess, the JNI is failing... the stream is getting dumped to standard
err...

I found this page, where some guy has tried to fix it on his lonesome...
http://chen-lahav-software-thoughts.blogspot.com/

Good luck... looks like no one cares (;

The only real POJO Application Server.