tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <>
Subject Re: Tomcat Master for PHP Hosting?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 20:45:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Chaney" <>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat Master for PHP Hosting?

> Its called a 'web service'.
> Make your tomcat application a web service. Use a php application to
> invoke it. Distribute the php applications to the php servers.
> The php application has a user interface and generates the invocation
> request (probably as an xml file). Your 'MASTER' does the business logic
> and generates a reply, either as an xml file which you can use XSLT in php
> to render or some other form.
> If you really wanted to get sophisticated you could write a tomcat
> application that generated most/all of the php against some specification
> and style the displayed pages with css.
> There are, of course, numerous standards and implementations for web
> services. You could also make it an AJAX app if you wanted to.
> Alan

Thanks Alan... yes, u right.
Little things like common login and shared sessions and that sort of thing
would have to be sorted...
But essentially even if we now had a functions like
it is at a generic level, a client talking to a server (web service).

Maybe there is something else really brilliant out there as well?
I'm fishing ;)

The only real POJO Application Server.
See it in Action :

To start a new topic, e-mail: