tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: jstack and Tomcat 6 on Windows
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:31:10 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Surendrakumar Viswanathan -X (suviswan - HCL at Cisco)"
<suviswan@cisco.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 11:55 AM
Subject: RE: jstack and Tomcat 6 on Windows

Check Eclipse Memory Analyzer Tool www.eclipse.org/mat/. This is
alternate to JMAP, but it can parse the hprof file faster and have a
very visual GUI.

Thanks
Suren

----------------

Cool, if people just chat about how they find these out of mem errors, this
will become a very cool thread...
Up until I discovered these tools, it seems such a black hit and miss art.

... before this I actually cant think of anything that let one peek inside
those class loaders... short of writing your own code...

In earlier threads there are also guys trying to figure out why TC wont let
go... it holds... and I'm wondering if JHat wouldnt be able to help in those
area's as well...
... its this class that wont let go... etc.

... it looks really nice

... did it help you, did you find the leak?

The only real POJO Application Server.