tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Good JSP editor
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 11:35:06 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "sam wun" <sw2018@gmx.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2008 9:37 AM
Subject: Good JSP editor

> Hi there,
>

> I know it is better for me to ask this quetion in a jsp forum, but I
> couldn't find one for mailing list .
>
> And you guys are very helpful too in terms of this experience.
>

> If you are using a good jsp editor, can you tell me where its download
> link?
>

> My current development enviornment is Eclipse 3.4 and Tomcat 5.5.26
>

> Thanks

Sam, I have made no comparison between them... but have a look at netbeans.
If you looking for something like, you in JSP and want a little palette to
drag a table, or form onto it...

Having said that... I still use external html editors...
I see that in netbeans... PHP is now also working, and in the latest beta's
they starting to get javascript stuff going...
Actually for Javascript I use the now very old MS Interdev... as well as
FireFox

That Interdev is from the old VS 6 days so its possible to bum a free copy
from someone.. its becomeing hard to install on XP and such, but its
probably the best JS editor debuggng tool out there... step thru in IE and
bounce back and forth from browser to the code etc.

Dont know what other people are finding but I still use a complete
mismatched bundle of tools... bounce around between tools.
ie I dont think there is one do it all tool

Have fun...

The only real POJO Application Server.