tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Tomcat migration from T5 to T5.5 mail
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:27:54 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "AlexM3" <ams777@gmail.com>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:53 PM
Subject: Tomcat migration from T5 to T5.5 mail

> Hello,
>
> I'm migrating a Tomcat Cluster, when I thought everything was working
> fine,
> session cluster, balancing,etc, I noticed that the mails were not send by
> the java aplication.
>
> I installed the library mail.jar and activation.jar and configured the
> web.xml and the context.xml as the Official Tomcat notes say. The
> aplication
> has not changed and can't change, and it works perfect in the old
> installed
> Tomcat 5. The error that I get when the application tries to send the mail
> is:
>
> javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: smtp
>        at javax.mail.Session.getService(Session.java:760)
>        at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:685)
>        at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(Session.java:628)
>        ... # More errors lije that
>

> I have read in some forums that the problem could be that Tomcat is
> that libraries 2 times. I have checked everything and the only folder they
> are is $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib and they're not in any other place like
> $CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib or $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapplication/*
>
> Anyone has any idea why I have this error?
>
> Thank you very much

Hi Alex, dont know but I think you should go get the new activation and mail
jars and try them... just a hunch that if all else is the same, the libs are
now old...
Those Provider classes are properties inside mail.jar... maybe they have
changed... dont know, but worth a try...

Just for Info
I dont use the JNDI and have no problems on any JRE or any Tomcat... so if
you get really desperado

I dump the Mail and Act jars into the web app... and getting a session looks
like this...

    try{
        java.util.Properties properties = System.getProperties();
        properties.put("mail.smtp.host", smtpHost);
        session = Session.getInstance(properties,null);
    } catch(Exception e) {
           //Oops
    }

It seems not to care if Sun changes its mind...

Have Fun....

The only real POJO Application Server.