tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Tomcat thread blocking
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:45:42 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Darren Kukulka" <Darren.Kukulka@connaught.plc.uk>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 9:37 AM
Subject: Tomcat thread blocking

Hi,

I've recently observed a scenario in Tomcat 6.0.13 64-bit under SUN JDK
1.6_03 (x64 Windows platform), where a large number of threads show a
status of BLOCKED.

Can someone please advise the easiest and most effective way of helping
identify the original cause of the block?....or have I just opened up a
can of worms?!

The behaviour is not something I can replicate so I need a method for in
situ investigation, before I have to restart Tomcat to restore service
(after a while Tomcat consumes too much CPU and becomes unresponsive)

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Google for VisualVM... its in the later Java versions....
Heap Dumps, Thread Dumps... its like JConsole on steroids ;)

The only real POJO Application Server.