tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <>
Subject Re: jstack and Tomcat 6 on Windows
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2008 11:09:58 GMT
>> Thanks everyone for their suggestions.
>> Unfortunately, that doesn't help me with my particular issue. I have a
>> memory leak in one of my apps, and when the system runs out of memory, it
>> stops responding to new requests. I have a script that will detect this
>> condition and automatically restart Tomcat. I was hoping to add a jstack
>> command to this script to give me a thread dump prior to restarting
>> Tomcat to give me better troubleshooting information. Your solution would
>> work under normal circumstances, but I don't know how to script a
>> ctrl+break. ;-)
> ----------------

OK... I couldnt resist giving it a little go... JHat is exactly what you
looking for...

Well done Sun... its exactly what I've been looking for...

Let the server run a little.... do a dump, run the server and then from the
browser to the HIST option...

The highest non Sun class... webapp class... is going to be the bad guy ;)

Damn thats nice...

The only real POJO Application Server.
See it in Action :

To start a new topic, e-mail: