tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Harbulot <Bruno.Harbu...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Re: No available certificate or key corresponds to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 15:28:28 GMT
Hi,

paulsnodgrass@comcast.net wrote:
> I am trying to configure SSL on a tomcat 6.0.13.  I began by creating a default
> keystore (using keytool) in the user's directory where the apache tomcat server
> is installed.  From this keystore I generated a server cert request.  Once I
> received the server cert, I loaded the trusted certs and the server cert into
> the Java5 jre in $JRE_HOME/lib/security/cacerts (again using keytool).

It's hard to say from the error you gave, but it seems it was unable to
find the server certificate to present. It's probably because your
server certificate should be in the keystore, not in the truststore
(which $JRE_HOME/lib/security/cacerts).
The terminology can be a bit confusing, but the truststore is a KeyStore
where you put the CA certificates that are going to be used for trusting
client certificates (since you're running a server); the keystore
KeyStore is where your own information is: your private key and the
server certificate you obtained.
Perhaps you should try to store the certificate you obtained into the
keystore file from which you generated the CSR, and use it as the keystore.

Best wishes,

Bruno.