tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Does the http connector have any kind of debug logging?
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2008 22:59:07 GMT

<lists@dankeeley.co.uk> wrote in message
news:39444.57.66.49.133.1217599358.squirrel@dankeeley.co.uk...
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to enable debug logging on my http connector, but it
> never seems to go anywhere. ( Tomcat 5.5 )
>
> I tried debug="4" in the connector but that didnt seem to generate
> something.  Is there a full class name for the connector i can use, and
> set that to DEBUG in the log4j perhaps?

Yes, this is what you want to do.  The category name for the HTTP connector
is "org.apache.coyote.http11".  You might also want
"org.apache.tomcat.util.net", which contains low-level utilities used by the
HTTP connector.

However, for the non-APR connector not doing SSL, there aren't a lot of
DEBUG messages.