tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Mast" <jhmast.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject apparent problem with work/ directory
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:00:43 GMT
I refactored the POJO side of a webapp I have.  I basically moved some
objects referenced by the JSPs into a new package.  I updated the jsps
accordingly, by importing the new package with the PAGE directive at the
top.  I deleted the old version of the webapp, rebuilt it, and restarted
tomcat.

It then started spewing errors, generated from the jsp's, about not being
able to find the old classes.  I am convinced that the errors lies in the
work/ directly, specifically the derived java sources of the jsp were not
updated when I restarted Tomcat.

I know the problem is not in the webapp itself because i tested it out on my
Windoze box before deploying to Linux where the problem occured.  My
question is: how do I force Tomcat to delete the "work" directory upon
restarting or when I'm building from Ant?

Thanks,

Tomcat 5.5.17
Java 1.4.2