tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nadun Herath" <nadunher...@gmail.com>
Subject configure tomcat
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 14:07:59 GMT
I am a newbie to tomcat. I installed it ubuntu

added the following line to bashrc file

export CLASSPATH=/usr/local/tomcat/common/lib/jsp-api.jar:/usr/local/tomcat/common/lib/servlet-api.jar

When I run startup.sh it runs ok. Giving this message

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun

But when I type localhost/8080 it says can't connect. What is the problem.
Please help. I thank you in advance.