tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Code Captain" <code.capt...@googlemail.com>
Subject multiple third-level-domains in single web-app
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 07:05:16 GMT
Hi,
We are using Tomcat 6 and want to be able to dynamically create/simulate
third level domain for each user (like blog engines do).
  tom.myportal.com
  dick.myportal.com
  harry.myportal.com

The user will choose third level domain, and this will be his hosted portal.

One idea I had is to use a servlet filter, and extracting {tom} from the
'host' on each request. Anything better someone could suggest, or a best
practice for this that I am probably unaware of?

Regards
Nick