tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Warren Killian" <>
Subject Re: #of Site can be run on single Tomcat Instance?
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:28:10 GMT

I don't know of any specific limit to the number of web apps you can run on
a single instance of Tomcat.  I think it may only be limited by the amount
of system resources you can sweat out of your hardware.  Where I work, we
have one instance of Tomcat which has probably 30 distinct web applications
deployed to it and it still performs nicely.  Hopefully, someone with more
struts knowledge than I can answer your struts question.