tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tushar Madhukar" <tushar.madhu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: While tomcat is initializing
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2008 06:14:25 GMT
Hi,

One clarification - do you want the cache init to take place at the start of
the container OR
your web application?

In the former case, you can implement the
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleListener interface and nest a <Listener>
element in the appropriate <Connector> element in server.xml
In the latter case, implement javax.servlet.ServletContextListener and add
<listener> element in the web app's deployment descriptor.

Regards