tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thangavel Sankaranarayanan <tsank...@in.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Problem with in Synchronized methods in Tomcat 4.x
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:57:53 GMT
Sorry..I am not the admin of the system.Si i could'nt start tomcat as a dos
service.
Regards,
Thangavel Sankaranarayanan

             Thangavel
             Sankaranarayanan/
             India/IBM@IBMIN                                            To
                                       "Tomcat Users List"
             08/11/2008 05:39          <users@tomcat.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: Problem with in Synchronized
               "Tomcat Users           methods in Tomcat 4.x
                   List"
             <users@tomcat.apa
                 che.org>

Thanks peter,

I am admin of the system .I connect to the system through RDC.In that case
is there any way for me to start the service as command prompt.If so ...the
process should be running even if i log off the system...
is ter any way ??
If so,Please help me on the steps to be carried out.

Regards,
Thangavel Sankaranarayanan

             Peter Crowther
             <Peter.Crowther@m
             elandra.com>                                               To
                                       "'Tomcat Users List'"
             08/11/2008 05:14          <users@tomcat.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: Problem with in Synchronized
               "Tomcat Users           methods in Tomcat 4.x
                   List"
             <users@tomcat.apa
                 che.org>

> From: Thangavel Sankaranarayanan [mailto:tsankara@in.ibm.com]
> After number of session in my application has reached in some point of
> time..... the synchronized method is not executed and  the
> system hangs
> waiting to execute that method.....
>
> I could'nt make a thread dump as my tomcat is started as  a window
> service.What can i do at this point of time??

Find some way of getting that thread dump - nobody will be able to help you
more until we can see it.  If necessary, start Tomcat from a command prompt
to get it.

I strongly suspect you have a logic error or race condition in your code so
that another of your threads is stuck inside the synchronised block.

                - Peter