tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nuno Manuel Martins <nuno.mmartins_exte...@sonae.com>
Subject Tomcat Clustering (Synchronous configuration)
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:00:22 GMT
Hello,

I was reading the Cluster HOWTO at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cluster-howto.html
and I have already implemented it and working. I would just like one piece of information
on this paragraph:
 Synchronous vs asynchronous is configured using the channelSendOptions flag and is an integer
value. The default value for the SimpleTcpCluster/DeltaManager combo is 8, which is asynchronous.

I would like to know to which value I should set the channelSendOptions to use synchronous
configuration instead and what might be the main drawbacks and advantages of that regarding
a small cluster (3-4 nodes). Sorry if it is a very basic question but I am quite new to clusters.

Thank you,
Nuno